Friday, February 21, 2014

The Goat and Dog


The Goat and Dog

Having landed on the soil of Thailand to pursue my master degree course majoring in Leadership & Human Resources Management under Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA) scholarship and living under the roof of V.M Mansion with effect from May 2013. It was another journey in my life I was traveling through in the foreign land. Rushing through the O.P Tower and passing two different Chinese Temples to reach the College of Management Mahidol University daily is my responsibility as a student under the scorching sun and heavy downpour sometimes. However, the scientific achievement  may happen but we  have no control over the weather and it acts according to its whims and fancies. The only friend I have is small umbrella for serving both the purposes of heat and downpour.


Moving through a small and busy street on the way to College of Management Mahidol University, being accompanied by V.M Mansion's three dogs till O.P.Tower as the sign of see off to me. These three animals became my best friends to loiter around with me during evenings and free hours. They would follow me to see off till the road point when I used to go for shopping and they would return home with happy mood. I could hear their barking sounds in the midnight. Such was the co-existence we shared between before one of my friends passed away recently.

One fine morning, I was just looking from my balcony to the parking area as usual. The security guard of our Mansion was trying to hook out something underneath the car. Waiting eagerly to see what is that object he is hooking out. To my surprise, it was my friend's dead body he fished out from below the car. How sad it was to see that one of my friends left me forever. He was never to be seen  again thereafter being buried under the soil by our security guard. The other two friends are still hanging with me. I cannot sense any sad mood in them because I cannot read their minds. Absolutely, they must be feeling the pain at heart for losing our friend recently.


I know you taught me, the lesson of impermanence and how fragile is our life on this earth. The lord of Death will never spare us. There is no such schedule for the death like we have date of birth that we cling too much to celebrate on. The line between death and alive is so thin and narrow. It is just a matter of continuous breath. If our breath is stopped due to any circumstances, we are dead and gone. Nothing follows us, since we have surrendered our body to its owner, air, wind, soil and water.  After few hours, it will decay into soil. We the human beings, do care and love our body by spending thousands of dollar which is finally supposed to be decaying when our breath is stopped leaving no values at all. If it is so, should we human beings cling too much and beautify our body with lots of painting and denting with much struggles. Should we human beings learn lesson to live simple and contented life without amassing wealth and property with economic activity and business  growth by destroying the nature. If we have no right to take a hair with us when we die; what is the whole purpose of toiling lifelong amassing wealth.


Another friend that I had was, a small goat on the way to college, which I used to meet him daily. Being fed with, good grass and leaves always by the owner to grow fatter.  But suddenly, my friend is now no where to be seen there. What could have happened to his life.?  I know, my friend must have been killed for the meat by the owner. How uncertain and fragile your life was on this earth. Just living for few months with us, slaughtered away brutally. There is pain in my heart when I pass through your place since I remember you clearly. My eyes always search for your return one day. I knew it was just, another day dream that we could meet again in this life.  You have left me in sad and alone.

You again taught me how our life is impermanent in the hands of butcher surrounding you for the meals. My prayer is always with you friends to meet in the Blissful land of Zangdopelri enjoying nectar from Dakinis bowl one day. I wish you both the peaceful journey in the Bardo (intermediate state) and take away my obstacles with you and leave blessings and good wishes for me. My prayer is always with you guys.
OM MA NI PAD MAY HUNG. OM MA NI PAD MAY HUNG. OM MA NI PAD MAY HUNG.


  Written by: Mindu Wangdi

No comments:

Post a Comment