Thursday, February 20, 2014

Self- Discovery and Reflections of my Higher Secondary School Days (2000-2001)



Drukgyel Higher Secondary School
Self- Discovery and Reflections of My Higher Secondary School Days (2000-2001)

The results for the common exam in the 10th grade that I appeared in Jakar High School came out quite good and  I was qualified  to pursue higher studies with different options to choose like subject to major in and schools for placement as we desired. Therefore, I chose to go to Drukgyel Higher Secondary School to major in Arts subject or Humanity background. The reason for choosing my Arts subject was purely based on my weakness in mathematics that I narrated in Jakar High school days. Having admitted to this new school begins my another self-discovery journey in the light of search for knowledge to become a good person in life.  

Joining the school and meeting different faces not knowing who he/she was? From where did they come  made me confused and nervous  to communicate each other freely. The place is completely different from Jakar  High school and had to built  up courage to adapt to new situations. It was like the business trip to a unknown place where we land up in heavy loss. This school is located twenty minutes drive from Paro town by a car. The location is very calm and quite for us to study. There were no traffic disturbances except few vehicles  like school bus and our teacher's cars used to ply through the gate. The area seems quite wide and spacious for us to roam around during free time through jungles, below the school campus under the pine trees with sweet songs of birds.


The major events that I could recollect from Drugyel Higher Secondary School were getting up early in the morning for joking  towards the old ruined Drughyel Dzong led by house captain. I, was in the yellow house and the actor Mr. Chencho Dorji and Ms. Rinzin Lham were my house captain. Mr. Chencho Dorji used to sing songs in the toilet with friends during weekends and act in the stage drama show that somehow  predicted  that he would become one day an actor. His zeal and enthusiast for drama and singing paved his way for future that what he is now. He was a jolly guy with his humor and laugh. Indeed he was my classmate.


The most dreadful person that I ever met in Drugyel was our warden Asha Marp. To him, we surrender our might or naughtiness. He was the man who slapped me once on the right hand side of my face for I failed to join the joking early morning. I still feel his bang and damage he left in my ear drum today. I am thankful for his contribution in my ear's for I have not done any severe crime.  The most memorable event we used to have in this school was the "Mela" festival  of  Indian Army wing based in Drukgyel. There we used to get many items to eat and buy for home use. The musics will be blown off to the audiences and many different types of games to engaged in for fun.


Moreover, we used to have inter-house debate competitions  in the Multipurpose hall in different topics. I was also one of the participants and we won the debate finally with some prizes for the house. I had a good opportunity to visit at Paro Taktshang monastry along with my friends that gained some merits along with. The visit to Gelong Mapelmo Nye (Holy place of Nun Mapelmo) located just few minutes walk from the school were memorable one.  Once I was sent to attend the quizzes in the Bhutan Broad Casting Service on the live telecast show related to Tiger conservation in Asia. It was the first time in my life I faced the camera directly and wonderful make up by girls. It left me lot of lessons and experiences with some financial gains after the programs.


To make more interesting in my self-discovery & reflections at Drugyel, I was in strong crush with one lady in the school girl known as Rinzin and she really did not response me positively. The game of failed love that I played was in Drukgyel Higher Secondary School. She was really beautiful in my eyes. Dreaming to be with her was my wish. But the karmic wind or cupid's arrow did not response well. With heavy heart and failed love, my schooling days comes to an end with another common exam. The life is full of exams and gates to cross.


Should I appear common exams after my death in the heaven and hell too?  That is terrible and miserable if I have to do that? what could be the question samples?.  I was bogged down with common exams in every stages of life. Our life is full of sorrows and pains to carry on with us. I, am thankful to Ms. Rinzin for rejecting my proposal since I learned the meaning of failure in love and relationship from you. You taught me the bitter taste of love that I never experienced before as a youth.



Having done our exams, I  said "Bye" to all of my mates and may you all live happy and long life was my silent prayer. With tears in my eyes, departed to our own homes for another vacation and wait for the results to be declared to continue my journey in the field of education.



Written by: Mindu Wangdi




No comments:

Post a Comment