Friday, March 28, 2014

Travel by Bangkok Sky Train (BTS)


It is my normal time to get up at 5 AM in the early morning to prepare the breakfast and chanting prayers to the Buddhas of ten directions for their empowerment and blessings for all sentient beings. The sounds of my prayer fills my room with burning incense sticks  even though I am alone and hidden from other people completely. It is mysterious and enigmatic even to myself for I don't have any directions in life. I move my life accordingly to time and tide but not systematically and strategically. 

Having done and filled my stomach with plate of rice supported by fried eggs. Time and tide waits for none. I need to rush with my dress up for the departure to my work place at Ekkamai,Sukkumvit 63, Chiva-Som company. No time to waste away in wandering thoughts but rush for the bike service  to reach me to the Bangkok Sky Train station at Victory monument, Annusouri. Riding on the scooter for about 15 minutes reached me for another type of transport services center in Bangkok to speed up my travel towards work place. Every minute is precious for me in this modern world to achieve my dreams. Having reached at the BTS, I approached the ticket counter for coins in an exchange. It is my normal dialogue to the counter as please can I have coins for " Ekkamai". Immediately she/he will say, 42 Bahts and handover the coins to me so that I can buy the tickets from the machine. Without wasting my time, I pressed the machine for 42 Bahts and put my coins so that machine issues me the ticket for Ekkamai immediately. 

Passing through the gates after insertion of my ticket and climbing upstairs to board on the train. Oh! The line is so long and passengers rushing like an ants for their agenda to meet. I am also one of the travelers who always rushes towards my agenda for the day. The train that I see with signals of " To Bearing" is approaching towards the station for us to board on. As soon as the train is stopped, we all rushes inside the train rubbing our shoulders and bodies very hard. It is terrible, I never get the seat but have to stand on my feet for long travel towards Ekkamai. The train is fully packed and loaded with passengers with different faces. Everyday I see different faces and shapes of people but never know what they are thinking inside their mind. Some passengers are busy with their IPhone playing games  in the facebook, listening musics and moving like robots. 

It is common process that I hear the cabin crew announcing" Please move inside the train and do not eat" and the next station updates and cold air conditioning kissing my body softly and cooling down from the heat of human breaths. The smelling of different people is terrible and disgusting experience that I share always. The dizziness that I get when the break is applied is another horrible experience that I get from BTS services. Seeing and hearing that many people are dying from train accidents chills my nerves when I board on the BTS. Will I reach my destination safely is the most hammering question occurs in my mind? And will I see her beautiful face again is another quest?  I saw her face so beautiful but never to see again travelling together for short time. This teaches me the uncertainty and fleeting Nature of life. We attach too much to this fleeting Nature of life to be with us and suffering great pains when gone. It was just my wild dream to see her face again but I am crossing the truth and suffer from agony and sadness if I continue longing for it. Sorry! It was another blunder that I committed after long practice.

 The same process is followed by me always to fulfill my agenda for the day. I know everybody in Bangkok is very busy like an ants to earn their life and to fulfill the dreams of becoming rich person one day. May all the wishes of passengers be fulfilled instantly by the blessings of Lord Buddha. May their life be useful and prosperous with showers of wealth and Happiness. It is another dream that I am going through in this samsara to complete my cycle of life here in Bangkok. There is no end to my frightening dreams and pains until and unless I am completely enlightened and lifted from this world. 


Mindu Wangdi



No comments:

Post a Comment